Sunday 7 June 2009

Shouldnt of got out of bed...

Arrrrgh kept debating whether to go to MF today, Ive been hearing bad things about the surface plus the weather was terrible when I woke up. Deanna jumped super yesterday in my lesson though...





So I decided to pop along today.  Got there in good time as my plan was to be an early one in, get round them come home before the rain! She warmed up ok so I was ready for the "prompt 9am start" however they were, unadvertised, running a CR which went on for fecking ages! About 9:30 we walk the course, was very up to height and lots of tight turn backs just in the first phase so not a very nice BN!  Managed to get in 2nd and as soon as I got in the arena Deanna was paying no attention. Running round and getting very flat, had a *@/*!! stop at the first!! was SOO cross, gave her a good smack and she jumped it nice 2nd time but as soon as she landed she was backing off again, slithered over 2 and kicked and flapped thru the double at 3. Jumped 4 quite nicely then it was round the corner past the collecting ring for 5, shes not usually nappy but she backed off majorily round the corner so que more kicking and flapping - 5 was a double, then down to an upright. Got thru the double but going towards the upright she was soo flat we ended up very deep so 2nd stop  




Normally would have stayed and jumped the next class as ideally we needed to back into the ring. But at the BN was mainly 1m, I didnt want to know how big they'd build the actual 1m (it was also a scope Q so probs even bigger!!) and as we got back to the lorry it started to absolutely bucket down.  

Just feel totally useless now. She goes so well in lessons and I can get her really short and bouncy, she's totally forwards into my hand so I can take a pull into a fence and make her wait - but at a show if I take a pull she just backs off even more so I end up just having to kick round the whole course and let her run and jump. Fine for the 90cms but Im desperate to move up and was hoping to start 1.10ms this month but not the way we're going atm     

I might do Overa BSJA next sat as its usually pretty quiet there but we'll see.

1 comment:

Annabel said...

ahh shame, mares eh?
I would like to say that I was grooming for BE that was the day before this and the dressage judge we had was pretty harsh too!
ahh its annoying but can't exactly argue with them unfortunately. lol x