Saturday 18 April 2009

Why didn't I go jumping?!

Ah god so today was the trailblazer 2nd rounds. I wasn't really fussed about TB, as for one thing Im hoping to jump at hickstead which is 2 days before the trailblazer finals so wouldnt be able to do both. However as I'd qualified for the 2nd rounds, we thought we'd go along anyway.

First test was p14 and she warmed up lovely, went to go show the judge my number and D spots the SJ timer (attached to the fence next to our arena) que major spooking, kicking white boards everywhere and refusing to go near it! This makes her totally tense throughout the whole test, kept having to cut the 'scary' corner. Later, whilst in canter she tossed her head and pulled my rein out of my hand, went to grab it back and it was caught over her nose...so had to go back to walk in the middle of my "canter circle" to sort it out!

Unsurprisingly we scored very very low...

So then into the novice 27; wasn't expected much from this as we haven't really been practicing! But Deanna was going really nicely, bit too forwards but on the bit and tracking up lovely. Medium trot was a bit non-existent but it always is! All in all I came out pretty chuffed...and suddenly was very very dissapointed as I'd scored less than in the prelim test :'( I honestly don't know how, different judges of course but still.

God I hate dressage.

Few pics from the novice, prelim was in the other ring and the stills aren;t very clear

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: