Sunday 20 September 2009

20th September - Dressage Championships


Well today I headed off to one of my local EC's for their end of year dressage championships. I wasn't sure what to expect from Deanna as I havent managed to have a flat lesson recently and she's been going very badly in the school. Thanks to a bit of rain I have been able to school in the fields where she is like a different horse, forwards into my hand and lovely to ride. I think the arena is getting too deep for her at the moment.

Anyway. We did the warm up prelim 12 first, she was ok but I felt she could have been rounder however she was lovely and light in my hand so I didnt want to interfere. Only real blimp came in the B to X, X to E half circles change of rein in walk...Deanna started throwing her head everywhere and umm yeh..that earnt us a 4 ;-) haha oh well, pleased to finish on 61.2% from a BD judge. Nice comment too "lovely willing and obedient pony with 3 active and correct paces" and then a little tip to use my corners more to gain accuracy and more marks!!

Then the championship class, prelim 13. I got Deanna more forwards for this test so I could get her a little more uphill and round. A few movements on the left rein were truly terrible! Dee was trying to drift inwards with her left shoulder and just makes right off leg, unsuprisingly a 5 for the left circle to canter movement!
Otherwise a much better test with 8's for trot and canter work woop!! Finished on 62.92% yay!
More lovely comments "a charming and hardworking pony with attractive, active paces & a lovely attitude" :)

Finished 4th in both tests so happy with that =)

Few piccies...







No comments: