Saturday 28 February 2009

Royal Windsor Qualifier - rubbish day

Went to do the RC dressage royal windsor qualifier today. Deanna warmed up really nicely, had our tack check (which we passed..) and did our test. It was a riding test so marked purely on the rider, not the horse

Checked the scores and was very excited to see that I was 3rd and so would qualify for the second rounds (winner of the second round goes to windsor).

Waited around a bit for everything to get processed, wandered passed the board again and saw "Eliminated" next to my name :( :( Found the organisers and they told me it was due to me wearing earrings?! They went to query it but "rules are rules" and "its the riders responsibility to check the rules"..

but 1) whats the point in even doing a tack check if its "the riders responsibility" and 2) the rules arent readily available. You have to buy the rulebook and as I was told there was a new print coming out in April I didnt order one. There are no real rules available online, and surely if I were breaking rules I should have been told so during my tack check

Two other people were eliminated for wearing spurs (they too "passed" the tack check) so what was going on I dont know. Just so disappointed as we didnt get to do the 2nd rounds or collect our rosette for the first round (as technically we weren't placed). Rubbish day really.

Will upload the photos later
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Annabel said...

God, that is the most ridiculously crazy thing I have ever heard of!

welldone for coming 3rd anyway though!(before being eliminated, lol)

x

Anonymous said...

Oh thats such a shame, although for the best from the sound of your update!!
xx